Tuesday, January 22, 2008

All work and no play

All work and no play makes me a dull girl. Or something like that. I got tired of the last week and all the late study nights and minimal sleep. I need some fun, dangit!!! Ok, maybe not too much fun.

We took our son up to Seattle to go to the Pacific Science Center. He wanted to see the dinasaur exhibits and the live butterfly exhibit. We enjoyed seeing all the butterflies and all the different and pretty colors. I didn't like when they landed in my hair and flapped around. I don't know, something about feeling like a bat in my hair! ha! But, they quickly fly off and on to another person or to one of the many trees and plants. We also got to see a lot of miniature train sets all over the museum so my son was having lots of fun. I like going there and seeing all the scientific and interactive exhibits. There are so many we never get to all of them.

The next day we had a day off due to our holiday celebrating Martin Luther King, Jr. and I took my son to the beach/ocean. It was a sunny day but near freezing, I think! But, he wanted to play next to the water and in the sand and pretend the big logs were pirate boats. I was freezing by the end of the afternoon. We then went downtown and he wanted to ride the light rail/train type commuter. It is free in the city and we took a whirl on that and looked around the town and he managed to find a popcorn store where you can get like 20 different flavors of popcorn and so carmel corn it was for him.

I also rented some dvd's and saw 'The Constant Gardener' and 'Eastern Promises'. Both sad films and not uplifting. I heard Viggo was in Eastern Promises and was nominated for an award and that he is 1/2 naked in that so I was wanting to see that. I'm a fan. Ha! I got more than I bargained for as there is a fight scene in the nude. But, the film had lots of violent parts as it is about the russian mafia so I didn't like how I can't forget about the icky parts.

Anyway, I didn't do a lot of studying this weekend and went to clinic today and doing pretty good on doing the xrays though I have lots to learn. I have to do a big paper on 'how do do a barium enema' and also speak on that for 10 minutes and get videotaped. Ah, lovely. Just want I always wanted to do. I haven't started the paper and I have about a month so I'll think on that some more and get to view one on Thursday. Ah, more fun!! (Just kidding!) My supervisor says 'you can do the enema if you want!' I'm like 'no thank you!' I really want to see one done before I start poking people. yuck. I know, it's part of the job and I must learn. bluck!!!

As for the healthy living, I'm doing ok an just maintaining my weight. I did start some exercise but not as much as I should. Tomorrow is a new day and hope to get in some walking after school. Stop by and say 'hi' and tell me how you are doing this week!!!

7 comments:

Chris H said...

EEEEE Gads, you have to actually do Barium enemas??? Rather you than me mate!

Kim said...

Sounds like a fun time away with the family! :) Good luck with the school projects - I don't envy you that.

RunningNan said...

Hello! Glad to see you back on here!

Moby Dick said...

Glad to hear that you are getting back into it and that you had a little mini vacation and some fun. You will soon be graduating, and I am proud of you (long distance).

Best wishes,

Al

*Christie* said...

Thanks for your comment patty. I can understand where you're coming from. I guess I feel comfortable with him since he weighs more than I do. Plus I'm just the kind of person where I have to be able to share everything with him or I'm just not happy :)

Hope you're well, love ya!

celtic_girl said...

Viggo nude eh! hubba hubba that's worth watching it on it's own.

I had a Barium Enemea last year and it was one of the worst procedures I have ever had,so uncomfortable and embarrassing to say the least.

Maintaining is good,it's certainly better than gaining,so give yourself a pat on the back

Meow Meow said...

Good news on the exercise!!!

I wish I could say the same.

Hope you are well in other areas of your life. The family bit did sound good!