Friday, August 08, 2008

just feeling burned out

Sorry! Haven't been around the blogosphere much. I've been overworked and underpaid and too damn tired. Oh yeah, I don't get paid as I'm an intern. sucks. I am learning new things about xray and fluoro (barium studies, injections and the like) so that's all good. Maybe I'll get a bit of money this fall when I can work a little if I can fit it in with all the studying/school and interning.

I'm just counting down one more week till I get a break and then I will go camping like I talked about last time. I've been filling my extra time at night with getting a birthday party planned for my son and filling out paper and the like for his new school and daycare this fall. I'm really gonna miss the Christian school he was going to last year....he really learned a lot. So on to 1st grade at the public school and hope he likes it.

We did go to my parent's cabin last weekend but I forgot to take photos. I'm so slack lately. My hubby did do a race down there so here's a pic of him and our son so at least I remembered the camera then. My hubby wouldn't like this pic as he's acting goofy for sure. Oh well, don't think he reads this blog.



I'll try to take some photos when we do our camping trip. I like when you all take photos of where you go or what you do so I'll try to share.

We have our 17th wedding anniversary tomorrow!!!! Woohooo...it's a wonder we made it this far. Ha! No, just kidding. Maybe we'll go out to dinner somewhere but no big plans just to spend time with our son as he's been at Grandma's a lot.

Tell me what you are up to out there....and I'll get to your blogs here this weekend....and take care.

P.S. Anybody got any remedies for heel pain? I know it's from working on my feet full time and I'm trying different shoes but no luck so far. Anybody have ortho inserts made and do they work? I may have to go to the foot doctor as it doesn't seem I'm going to drop 50 pounds real quick. ha.

Another note!!! Does anyone know what happenned to Amanda from Australia and living in the Netherlands (I think) from 'what about your hips' blog?? Maybe she went private or doesn't blog anymore?? Miss that girl and if you are reading.....tell me how you are doing!!

6 comments:

Chris H said...

First ... have no idea what's happened to Amanda... am going to try and find out! That sucks that you are not paid.... all that work for love! Your son looks like you, he's very cute. Heel pain, nope can't help ya there either babe.

Steph said...

Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary.

Tully said...

Gorgeous photo of your son and husband. What a cute pair!

I'm not sure what happened to Amanda either, it is so sad when your blog friends go away and don't come back.

TitanThirteen said...

It's hard when bloggers we care about vanish and we don't know why :o/

For your heels, you could soak them in a foot spa while you watch tele at night? Get some shoes that have extra support?

Moby Dick said...

Those Dr. Scholl's heal gel inseerts work for me. Also the arch supports and there is deluxe foot pad (gel) which incorporates the heel support, arch support, etc., and it is about $25? They are very good.

I also wore double socks (two pairs of socks) when I used to be on my feet all day, as that gave the foot less wear and tear. It may sound weird, but it made an incredible difference on my feet. Since I always wear pants at work, nobody ever saw my socks up close. Lots of talcum powder also helps to keep the feet dry and not stinky.

TitanThirteen said...

Wow, we now know that Spider has awesome feet! lol