Sunday, July 27, 2008

staying positive

Trying to stay positive this week though my work brings me down some days. Just too much criticism and negativity. I refuse to go there....life is so much better when you concentrate on what is going right in your life rather than what is going wrong, don't ya think? That's my new motto anyway.

We went up to Seattle today and went to the top of the space needle. My son hasn't been up there and I wanted him to see it. Think it is 550 feet tall and it has a great view of Seattle and of the ocean/puget sound. Here's an old picture of it as I forgot the darn camera in the car....dangit.



I plan on going to the cabin this weekend and will take some pics then....just 3 more weeks left of interning this summer. I was surprised that the supervisor at my clinic said she may want me to work part time this fall after my interning hours. So, maybe I can finally make a little money out of this xray thing. We'll see....gotta always figure out about daycare and the like. I'm counting down the 3 weeks as we will go on a mini vacation and go camping back at Lake Chelan and maybe a side trip to Winthrop....a cute little western themed town as my sister has a cabin there so wouldn't cost us much. Here's an old photo of the town.




I'm looking out the back yard and some deer have starting hanging out in the fields in the distance and just saw a coyote too. There isn't much forest left with all the housing developments going up around here but nice to see the wildlife though they are prob. hungry.

Hope you all have a great week and keep it real. Oh yeah, wt watcher this week....I haven't been in a while but will go soon.

5 comments:

TitanThirteen said...

I love that photo on your header, and it seems so much more "you" than the last one.
I agree that we should focus on the good stuff in our lives than the bad stuff. People who are doomsayers or "Eeyores" really piss me off! lol

I have something for you on my blog :o)

Moby Dick said...

I want to go there! I recall a TV show I used to watch that always had the space needle at night in their introductory montage. A western town has to be cool, I imagine it had some nice souvenirs!

Moby Dick said...

Hope you are staying more positive! Don't let the haters get to you!!

Anonymous said...

Best wishes with your weight loss. I hit my goal in March, down 75 pounds. My "secrets" are faith in God, working out, and eating a healthy vegetarian diet. I hope you are able to find the perfect formula for your weight loss too!

TitanThirteen said...

That tower makes me feel sick just by looking at it :o/