Saturday, July 15, 2006

war against fat

Apologize, but I am still trying to figure out how to blog. Seems it posted as a blog below a comments I made on another site. Maybe someday I'll figure out how to post pictures and other comments and the weight ticket thing. I started my war against fat on 5/1/06 with WW at it seems this time things are different. I have the right mindset and haven't had the serious cravings for carbs like pasta and pizza that I have had in previous diets. What may be helping this time is 5 days of exercise a week, not matter what. Even if it's just walking a mile if I can't get to the gym, then that is better than nothing. It has tremendously helped with my outlook on life and has been my way of dealing with stress or any thing in my life that isn't going the way I want it to go. I want this war against fat to be a success this time. It's not going to win this time and have me yo yo back up in weight. I'm going for a lifestyle change forever, not just until I get to my goal. Because as past experience as shown me, that doesn't work and I go right back to my old eating habits. Persistance is the key for me this time and so is educating myself on issues relating to emotional eating and any other book I can find on fitness or that will help me in my quest for a healthy body and mind. I'm tired of the constant negative voice playing in my head when I see my reflection or a picture of me. I say the most horrible things to myself about how I look and I thought about this a lot, would I say comments such as this to a chubby friend. Yeck no! I would be supportive and encouraging. So I have made a mind set shift and have been positive during the last 12 weeks and it seems to be going well. I read the "Body Intelligence" book and it helped somewhat and will continue to get motivation from other books and other sources such as WW success stories and other people on the weight loss journey. This can be overcome!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good on you for starting up this blog, angelfish24! If you ever have an queries on how to do something in a post - that is, post a picture, post a link, change colours, etc - let me know and I'll do my best to help you. I'm currently studying Computer Science so I am a bit computer literate; and I'm also a tutor so I can explain things in plain English too!

Best of luck to you with your Weight loss! I'll be reading your posts regularly to see how you're going :D

A BLOG NOT HERE said...

Hi Angelfish24 :)

Don't worry, hon - you have one of the sweetest people I have ever met on the internet here to support you and her name is Marshmallow, so you'll be ok. ;)

I love the way you call your weight loss journey a war, because in fact that is exactly what it is!!!!!

Looks to me like you are gonna win it because you have all the right tools. Consider me on your side fighting right here beside you. HUG
:)