Saturday, March 01, 2008

To tri....or not to tri, that is the question
















I am contemplating if I should do a tri...a triathalon this year. I did my first last summer and now the emails are coming around about the Danskin womens' tri in Seattle this summer. I think what I will do is think about a different one that is closer to where I live and is a lot smaller. I really haven't been in high exercise mode being to be so busy with college and work this year. But....I don't know. I've been hearing on the radio about a September walk a thon to raise money for Susan B. Komen cancer foundation. You walk 20 miles a day for 3 days. That's something I'm thinking of too. It would be hard but doable, I think? I'll think on it some more.

My hubby is in full swing for his June triathalon in San Francisco. He'll be ready for it and we will get a mini weekend vacation so that will be nice. The downside is that it will be my finals week right after and I'll have to try to study and that sucks.

Yes, that pic of us below with our xmas scuba photo, yes we did have santa hats on underwater. It was a fun idea and a time in our life we will always remember and have fond memories of. The one above with the stingray is of me when I used to work in the cayman islands. We had to feed the stringrays at a place called 'stingray city' and this was one of the first times I had to do it. I'm sure I was thinking, I hope these things are friendly!! Maybe this xmas I will get to scuba diving again as we will be in a warm place.....ahhhhh, far away, but can't wait!! Thank got for parents and they are taking us all on a cruise so maybe I'll get a chance for some scuba when we stop at one of the islands.

I survived a very stressful week!!! I had an anatomy/positioning test and a physics test and I did my speech/paper on the barium enema as well as my work at the clinic and doing xray. I haven't gotten the grades on the tests as the teacher is out of town but the speech went pretty well, I think. Now onto the next test.

We aren't doing much this weekend. Just had to go get the final shot/immunizations that they make you get to work in the health care field. We then just looked around the mall and took our son to the playground. We thought of going to a movie like the spiderwick chronicles but I don't know if we'll go. My hubby wanted to see 'jumper' but I don't think my son would like it.

I'm sorry to see my mom and dad go out of town to Palm desert. We can't go this year and visit those snowbirds. I wish we had some warm weather but we can't complain as it's like 50F today and not too bad.

I am trying to eat healthy and I'm doing some walking. I want to get back into full exercise mode and have plans to step it up and get back to the elliptal machine and do weights this week. I'd like to get back into yoga as that is a big stress reliever but we'll see. The teacher I like teaches during the day and now I can't make it to those classes.

I hope you are all doing great this week and I'll come by to visit you here soon.

5 comments:

*Christie* said...

Sounds like you are doing great! I love your scuba pics. :) I definitely think you should do a tri again!!!! Just not with that "friend" again! :)

Chris H said...

I think the three day walk thingee sounds great! Dont' go putting too much pressure on yourself when you are so busy with study! I could never scuba dive! I would hold my breath!

Living to Feel Good said...

I still love that stingray photo! :) The 3 day one is a great cause, but I've never done it because (this may sound bad) I don't want to commit to a 3 day thing. What ever you try, I think you will do great even if you haven't exercised like you would want. Trust me I know all about the school work. That is kind of why I haven't been blogging as much.

Thanks for your sweet comment! :)

*Christie* said...

Hi Patty thanks for your comment! It's the weirdest thing... I have my blog set up so I get an email every time someone leaves me a comment. But every time YOU leave me a comment, I don't get an email! It's only with you. You may want to make sure all your info is correct on my site... I don't know what the deal is!

But thanks again and YOU have a great week too :)

Meow Meow said...

I liked the photo, it caught me by surprise because I haven't been to your site in quite a bit.

The Tri sounds like it could be rewarding...I think you would feel better after you did it....

I too know about the school work. This is the college Spring break week....mine is not until the second week of April. I am trying to catch my breath this week.

All we can do is one day at a time!