Sunday, December 10, 2006

Procrastination!


I'm being the queen of procrastination today! I need to finish my final online but finding everything else I would rather be doing! We went and got our Christmas tree. It was at this ranch/farm place which we thought it was the kind where you cut them down yourself. It ended up being already cut trees that were a good price and they had all kind or animals on their farm, like rabbits, cats, shetland ponies, emu's, goats, sheep, exotic birds, and dogs. Look like they also have a fish farm in the summer with a small lake. My son really enjoyed it there as we don't have any pets yet. We will some day and he says he wants a turtle or bunny but we'll see.

Being the queen of procrastination, I went to a Christmas play up in Seattle called 'White Christmas' which was good and then out to dinner at this place called 'Elephant & Castle'. It was an english pub/restaurant and everyone had fish and chips except for me! I was trying real hard to stay away from fried foods and the french fries so I had a chicken sandwich and salad. The guy wasn't listening when I place my order (which he read back to me) and brought the fries and not salad!! I hate that! He brought me the salad later but of course I had to have a few fries cause they were staring at me!! I don't want them on my plate or I'll eat some. Hhhhmmppphh. Anyway, real bad and slow service but it was busy night as seems all the restaurants are busy in Seattle before xmas as everyone is out shopping and going to parties so we couldn't get into some places we wanted to even though we called ahead. But the company was good and also got to see some 1st cousins at the play who live quite a few hours away who we hardly ever see these days!

It is nice see some people I haven't seen in quite a while and get comments on my weight loss. The problem is I have never been good at taking compliments so I have my standard answer, "well, I'm working on it". How is everyone holding up during the xmas and holiday party season? I'm back to my test now and fear that I will have no wt loss this week due to sitting on my butt in front of the computer the last few days! I did get in some exercise this week but not as much as I wanted to. I am looking forward to the ww meeting so I can hear what big changes they are announcing about the ww program. Have a great week!

5 comments:

Living to Feel Good said...

How nice to see White Christmas. Sounds like you did okay even with the few fries you ate. Fish and Chips are a hard one to say no to especially when everyone you are with is eating them. I just try to remember that they are a pile of grease, and the new me can't handle that grease anymore. They aren't worth getting sick over.

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog through Bris and have been enjoying catching up on it. Keep on working on it and you will break that 200 barrier.

Anonymous said...

Big WW changes??? oohhh I wonder if it will change over here in Holland too. Keep us posted! Wishing you all the best for the coming weeks... holiday season is hard indeed :)

*Christie* said...

Wow Patty I hadn't been keeping track... it seems like just yesterday you were struggling to get to -40 and now you're at -46! Wow. You are doing so fantastic.

That snowman cartoon is REALLY cute.
Good luck finishing everything for your school semester! You're doing great!

HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!!!!!!!! Haha, I can say it too ;)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment! French fries are my serious temptation. If I could only eat one food for the rest of my life, It would be them hands down...Sounds like you didn't do to bad. A few is better than a whole serving!