Thursday, November 30, 2006

Maintain during the holidays? I've heard it twice now

My w. watcher leader was telling us a while back to just maintain during the holiday season. But it seemed a week later she was wanting us to make a small wt loss goal to be accomplished by the end of the year. (Seemed like a double standard) This was before Turkey day and I just wanted to get to 199 by the end of the year so I should be able to get there. I saw this article about comfort food and to just maintain throughout the holidays and how stress of the holidays can make you eat. http://www.ediets.com/news/article.cfm?cmi=2423262&cid=1&code=24422. I guess I just don't want to just maintain, I want to lose a little more. I guess I have it in my mind that I want to lose so much per month, I have it all charted out till next August when I may be close to goal. I know I prob. won't meet my goal then as the wt loss will slow at certain times and especially when I get closer to goal which won't be for quite a while.

Here is another article about 5 Holiday weight gain myths http://www.ediets.com/news/article.cfm?cmi=2423260&cid=33&code=24423. I have never done ediets but somehow I got on their newsletter lists. Some of this info we all already know but doesn't hurt to read it again I suppose.

I found this afternoon and evening I was just ravenous and wanted to eat everything. I think I need to change what I eat and start eating more often and more veggies. How's everyone doing out there this week? I'm doing a lot of walking, elliptical, and some weights. I will swim tomorrow as it's a pretty slow day at the gym. God, how I hate getting on the swimsuit but I am enjoying swimming again and it keeps me from becoming bored at the gym.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if it's the stress of the holidays, but I've been ravenous too. I swear I just want to stick my head in the fridge, close my eyes, and just eat everything in there. Ugh! Hopefully it will pass.

Congrats on having a loss after Thanksgiving! That's awesome! :-)

Anonymous said...

I think I am doing horrible. Just about everything has gotten on my nerves then some.

I'm not weighing myself this week. I don't want to. I promise myself to get back on the scale next week.

Since I feel crappy and I know I had gain some. It is something else I don't needed added to my crap list. but I will diffently see the damage next week. Maybe if I exercise enough I will see the same numbers from the very last time I weigh in. SHRUG.

Anonymous said...

I am glad we don't celebrate Thanksgiving - at least I only have Xmas day to get through! I am determined not to gain over Xmas, but I'm not hoping for a loss...after all, I will have to drink a large amount of Rum and (diet) coke to cope with the family at Xmas! LOL!

Anonymous said...

I think the holidays create a certain amount of stress and anxiety which contributes to the eating urges. Try to relax or release your stress by working out at the gym, riding a bike, etx.