Tuesday, November 14, 2006

What's your plan for the holidays?

What is everyone's plan for the holidays? Will you continue on the wt loss journey, go for a maintain, or a gain? I choose, a little wt loss this season. A week ago at ww, we were asked to pick a goal to achieve by the end of the year (called storyboarding). I chose to get to wonderland, I mean onederland and never return to 200 (ha, I hope)!! Need to lose about 4 to get to 199. I'll settle for 199 point whatever. I don't want to go off and gain and that would just put me a month or two behind. Not going to happen this time! You can kick me in the butt if I don't heed my own advice! Also, what is your plan on Turkey day? I will bring a veggie/fruit tray and I will make the lowfat ww pumpkin cheesecake or some other dessert. I will eat that dessert and no other and if no one likes it then so be it! Most of the sister's are going to their in laws anyway so we won't have a huge crowd at my mom's this year. I asked her to tone down the menu and not make as much food as she always does but I can only ask. Tell me what you will do these next 6 weeks? We can do this, we just need to keep exercising and choose to do this! I am in control of what goes in my mouth, not the food!!! (Off do do my studying of the darn cat and human muscles for my big lab test tomorrow! Why the heck am I procrastinating on the web!!arrgghh!!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

RYC, if you want to know exactly how the body works then the book is really interesting. Perhaps you know this stuff already. I do not and some of it I can't read because I know I am flirting with the problems. You can probably get it from your library though (public one, not personal, LOL) and check it out!

*Christie* said...

ohhhhh patty. I sure am going to try to lose a little over the holidays. I will be thrilled if I can make my 239 mini goal by New Years!

Living to Feel Good said...

I'm still working towards a loss, but I already know and have decided that I will enjoy Thanksgiving even if it put my weight loss back a week or two. I have thought about asking my husband to watch the Turkey in the morning or even get out before I start the turkey, so I can even go to the gym or go for a walk. We will see how everything goes when the day comes. I might not have time to spare till after dinner. I'd like to get both times in for a walk. I will be offering both healthy and not so healthy food for people to eat. AND I have asked my mom to limit the desserts to 2 this year. She's in charge of desserts, and I am in charge of everything else.

Moby Dick said...

Wow, you are doing great! You are about to cross a century mark, and that is a great achievement (IMHO)!! Those marks can be tough, so don't worry about when, you will get there. I am trying to get under 270 by December 1, hopefully Thanksgiving won't derail the plan!

A BLOG NOT HERE said...

Hi Angel :)

I hear you, Patty and I don't blame you for wanting a little deliciousness during the holiday season. I hope I don't have to give you a kick in the butt. I still remember the pain from when I was kicked there! ;) HUG

As I am still stuck here at my weight of 208 and Fat Bastard and I are going on a mini-vacation right after Thanksgiving Day, it is anybody's guess WHAT I will weigh by the end of this year 2006!!!!!!! :}

Well at least I'm out of the quicksand so that's something to be proud of. ;)