Monday, September 25, 2006

Yes!!! Numbers on scale going down!!!

Yes!!! Lost -2.6 this week.....takes me to the elusive 35.2 lost so far!!! The 35lb. mark is the most I've ever lost on ww before, once in 1998 and then never went back after a vacation. Of course it was a lot smaller then (think got down to 173 or something) but this time I'm not quitting!! I think what did it was being stricter about my food choices and counting points every day and the 6 days of exercise I did. I wasn't going to have no loss again as I really look forward to seeing those number go down. We did get out and bike yesterday and got in 16 miles. That was hard for me but not for my husband who was also pulling our child on the 1/2 bike. He's a very strong cyclist but they went slower for me. It is a nice ride up by a river in a town called Orting and it is 8 miles with a slight uphill grade in places but then the 8 miles back seems like mostly downhill with a few level spots. We've done this ride before but it had been quite a while. Well, the lady at ww was talking about evaluating your week. Like if you had no loss what you could have done better or is it just wt fluctuation; and if you lost more than 2lbs. she waid that the max fat loss is 2 lbs and the rest is water wt. I suppose that's true. Then what about in the first few weeks when you lose like 4 or 5 a week, I guess some of it is water. My Bio. teacher was saying we had like a lot of water wt that could be lost in our bodies if we had a hard workout or cut our food intake down dramatically so I guess they are saying the same thing. Yeah, it's a bummer that we can't lose 3 plus pds every week but slower is better I know. The wt loss has really slowed down to like a pound or pound 1/2 a week when I really do the program. I think when I push it like this week with exercise then I'll see a little bigger losses. I'm going to try it again this week but I do have a busier week due to starting night school tonight but I'll try my best. Hope everyone is having a good week!

3 comments:

*Christie* said...

Great job, patty!!!
I'm so happy for you! I know you've been waiting to see the numbers going down again. Wahoo!!
Wow 16 miles, that's awesome. The best I've done was 10 miles. Biking is hard for me. Especially here in hilly Colorado!!

hugs

... said...

thanks for coming and visiting my site and leaving those encouraging words;)

congrats on the 2.6 pound wt loss AND losing 35.2 pounds thus far! i love that comic you have a couple of posts down too btw ;)

cheers

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

congrats on such and awesome loss... makes it all worth while when you see those scales hey....
Keep up the awesome work..