Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Plan to step it up this week and an article

I have a plan to step up my exercise routine and to make sure I write down all my ww pts and all that I'm eating this week. First, I will fill out my daily tracker each day - either the paper form or the online etools one as it's included in membership now. Second, increasing my exercise to 6 days this week. Will do a variety of jogging, walking, elliptical, swimming, yoga and weights. No excuses, and at least 1 hour or more per day. Third, find other things to do when I feel like snacking. Get to my studying, read something inpirational about weight loss, or play outside with my son. I'm hoping these steps will make me move off of this plateau though I suppose it's not a real plateau until you've been on one for several weeks. I receive this newsletter called "lean plate club" that is interesting sometimes and is about eating healthy, recipes, and exercise. Here's an article about keeping the weight off http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/10/16/AR2006101600942.html?referrer=email&referrer=email&referrer=email. Hope everyone is doing well this week.

3 comments:

*Christie* said...

patty, what an interesting article. It is really helpful to think ahead to what our strategies will be when we get to the maintaining part.
It sounded funny at first that in the one group there was an emergency tool kit if they gained 5 pounds. I actually think that is a great idea, though!! I am definitely going to remember this.

Living to Feel Good said...

I know when I worked out for 1 hour 5 days a week it worked for me on the WL. If you can fit it in, go for it!! I know I always feel awesome when I can fit that in.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good plan of attack. Make sure you write everything down... it really does help :)