Monday, April 16, 2007

The weekend


We went out of town on Saturday to Ocean Shores. It's on the coast of Washington and has miles of beach you can drive on if you want to. The big thing here is kite flying. This is Chase flying his fantastic 4 kite. It flew for a while but then it broke. We went and got a new one yesterday and decided not to get a kids kite. We got the 'beetle' which is one of those beginner trick kites (made out of nylon) that have 2 strings/spindles you hold. It is fun but is hard to get the hang of it. The kite takes a nose dive and fell a lot until we got used to it. There's so much wind on the coast that it's easier to do than around our area. My son had fun at the beach but the highlight for him was going to an indoor water park that had a pirate theme. They have 3 waterslides and all kinds of buckets that dump water on your head. I just watch my hubby and son have fun as I now have his yucky cold! That's ok, as I'm not very happy getting on my swimsuit at the moment!

I still haven't gotten to the store to get some pics on disc to do a proper scuba story and now that I feel like crap it'll have to wait a while, oh well. On the positive side, maybe with the way I feel I can get a few pounds off as I don't have much of an appetite.

I hope everyone has a good week!

6 comments:

Chris H said...

Oh sad but true, getting ill is one of the "sure" ways to lose weight! I used to wish for a very bad illness to stike me down for months.... how sad is that! I hope you are feeling better soon, and lose 5 pounds too!

Terri said...

Your son has an adorable smile. Sorry to hear you are sick. Wish you well soon!

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Oh dear...I do hope you are feeling better soon... Your trip to the beach sounds like fun.. and the indoor water park..cool..
But I understand about the bathers thing tho!!!

Kim said...

Looks like your little cutie had a great time with the kites!! I am sorry to hear that you aren't feeling so hot. :( Please take care of yourself and feel better soon!!!

Moby Dick said...

Kites! Yikes, I have to try that with my daughter! Sounds like you had a lot of fun, hope you get better.

celtic_girl said...

I used to love flying kites as a kid, very cool. Hope your feeling better soon