Tuesday, June 19, 2007

trip to emergency

SmileyCentral.com

Had a scare last night with my son. He got his thumb caught in our honda van's door. It looked bad and dented so we were at emergency for 3 hours last night! It is puffed up good but the good news is it isn't broken. I'm so relieved. Those automatic side doors aren't supposed to close on anyone's hand it's supposed to open back up. We will be more careful with the automatic door opener and how the door was getting stuck at about 6 inches out. My hubby didn't know my son was right there and he closed the door to get it reset and to open again and we hear the scream. arrgghgh.!!! Nothing like feeling helpless when your child is hurt but he was a trooper. I got to see the xray tech in action and that is what I am studying for so I was checking out what he does so that was one plus!

We were having the worst luck yesterday. First, I lost my cell phone and later we were running late to get home as we were swimming at the gym. The phone rings on my way home at 7pm and I find my phone in between seats in my car. It's my hubby and he worked late and missed the last commuter train as there is only 3 and doesn't have his bike he normally rides. He was running to train for the big race this weekend. So, he can't possibly run back 22 miles or whatever it is but he ran halfway. So away we go 1/2 hour up the freeway and finally find him on the biking trail. Then back to his van at the commuter/parking lot and then the finger accident. Argggghh. day from hell. Oh well, it's over and hopefully he will heal soon.

We were going to go bike ride as it's a decent day but he says his finger hurts so we will do something else. Maybe back to the gym. I do sometimes hate putting him in daycare and feel guilty for that hour but I need my workout time! And it is good daycare. On the diet front, it is going well and will see a loss tomorrow I will post it on Wednesday. I'm confident, huh? I have been weighing in daily so I'm seeing it go down some. I've had to tone down the intensity of the exercise the last few days due to my cough/cold. It wouldn't be good for someone to see me hacking on the elliptical machine. I hate when people come to the gym sick so I'm taking it easy and will walk today.

I'm thinking of buying the tanita scale. My scale fluctuates sometimes within minutes on my cheap digital so I want to be sure of what I'm weighing. I'm also getting anxious to lose weight faster!! I want this lard off and down under 200 lb now! But I know, I know, patience is the key. I can't get down about having to lose this same poundage again, it does me no good.

Hope everyone is having a good week!

10 comments:

Moby Dick said...

At least you were all together as a family. That is what family and love is all about. The good times and the bad times, together. I am misting up with tears...

*Christie* said...

Wow hun I'm sorry you had a rough day!! But I'm glad you're feeling better about relationship stuff and that you are confident about your weight loss... awesome! xoxo

Kim said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your son's figner. Thankfully it wasn't any worse. I hope he feels better soon!! :)

Terri said...

You and I down under 200LBs real soon! We gonna make it this time.

Anonymous said...

oooh that sounds terrible!

i have been reading but cant comment and tried to email but couldn't find your email addy :(

hope you know that you're not alone with the whole female friends thing. it's hard to share our man with others - especially when there is an inkling that the others have further interests. go with your gut on this one.

with regards to weight, just take your time and it will come off! before you know it you'll be 199 and thinking, hey, how did that happen.
xx

celtic_girl said...

I'm glad your son's finger was not broken. Bummer about the bad day, sometimes it never rains but pours.

Just caught up with your last couple of posts and you have really had a bad time of it emotionly. I would feel the same as you. You have done a great job though not letting it affect your eating, as I know that's the first thing we usually go for.

Living to Feel Good said...

:( OMG how scary about your son!! I'm glad his finger didn't get broken!!
Good luck with WI even though I know you don't need it.

Christine said...

Funny thing is that I was thinking about buying a new scale as well. Glad to hear that your son's finger is going to be okay. :)

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, what a crazy insane day! I cringed when I read about your son, he was super brave to go through all of that, his thumb must be throbbing. I'm glad to hear it isn't broken, but it still must hurt something awful :-(

{{{BIIIIIIG HUGZ}}} This WILL pass!

Amanda said...

ouch! Thank god your sons thumb is OK! that would have been a fright! HUGS Amanda :)