Friday, October 05, 2007

a success story and trouble in the water supply

Here's a one of the success stories I get regularly from wt watchers at http://www.weightwatchers.com/success/art/index.aspx?sc=17&SuccessStoryID=9401.

I'm not on their program anymore but still enjoy reading these. This lady lost a lot of weight and has a little more to go. It give me hope to see these people change their lives and hear their stories and know that it can be done. What I would really like to see from wt watchers is people that have lost all the weight and kept it off for 5 years or more. I'm sure there are a bunch of them out there even if the public says it isn't so.

I'm trying to get back into the wt loss mode. I just haven't been making the time to do it. I mean when I used to exercise 4-5 times per week I just seemed to eat healthier or just want to do it. Now, with all this college course work and watching my son I just don't seem to have the time and what free time I do have I spend with family but mostly I am studying! I am burning the midnight oil to get all my studying in. And, when I am tired, the last thing I want to do is exercise. I will make an attempt to go tomorrow as it's the weekend.

We've had a scare in our city. They closed the surrounding schools and my sons school too due to finding E-Coli in the water supply. First of all I'm scared that I might have drunk a little of it over the past week but not much as I usually do bottled water or that my son or hubby has. And secondly, it has been a major hassle to find day care for my son with no school to go to. I go to day school at college now and my hubby works a ways away and it has been a pain. I hope they can figure this all out my Monday or else he has to go to Grandma's. I'm sure everyone is getting upset, I mean the restaurants around here as a lot of them had to close due to this issue and everyone is losing money.

In other news, I've been doing well on all my tests/bookwork but found it hard to do a mock xray today. We positioned each other to do a chest xray and had to do the focus/alignment and all the other factors. I didn't do that well I fear and am pissed at myself. It's so hard to lose points this way as they are grading us at every turn. I know it just my first time doing this but I wish they would have let us practice beforehand. I don't like how they throw us into the fire and sink or swim. So, I'm a little down about that. But, my test taking has been good and I have another big test on Monday. I mean the academic side is good but the new area of hands on xray and technical stuff is throwing me for a loop at the moment. I was so nervous and lost my train of thought!!! Ugggghhhh. My hubby thinks I'm burned out from school already but I think it is all the other stress that I have been under for the past month and my health concerns that have compounded things.

I gave him a break tonight and he is visiting an old fishing buddy that has set up a ju-jitsu (not sure of the spelling) school. This guy used to be an ultimate fighter. Ya know, the nasty, low down fighting where anything goes from kick boxing to punching to wrestling. Nasty!

I hope you all have a great weekend and I will try though I have a day at the library planned but I just have to keep my eye on the prize of a new occupation.

9 comments:

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Sorry to hear things are so hard at the moment.. But sounds liek your studying is paying off..
Take care fo yourself...

Apple2Hourglass said...

Well done on your good results, it seems its a bit hard for you but i'm sure you'll get into a good routine soon. Hope you're having a good weekend too.

Meow Meow said...

Good body news is a definate PLUS.

Just admist all of this BS remember you really do have TONS to be thankful for!!!

The school stuff I understand. As I spent the last few hours working on a Grad school paper. UGHHH What a Saturday night to remember!!!

Living to Feel Good said...

OMG how scary!!! Hope everyone is okay!! Keep us updated on the water situation!!

BTW I know how it can get stressful with life and school, and not being able to find time. I try to tell myself that I can at least fit a 20 min walk in, and then I find it always helps lifts my spirits about stress too. Surely you can find 20 mins some time right?? Give it a try!! :) Take care!!

Anonymous said...

it's hard to focus on weight and exercise when life is so busy. just aim for one thing at a time, maybe study and just add exercise when you can...

even mall walking is good exercise. that's what i do when it's raining!

Mustafa Şenalp said...

çok güzel bir site.

celtic_girl said...

Dont be to hard on yourself with your mock chest xray assessment. Practicals take a little longer to master than just learning the theory. I can still remember the first patient I had to give an injection to - poor man!!

I know where you coming from with the lack of time you have - I have the same problem, it just seems like everyone wants a piece of me, with no time for myself.

Moby Dick said...

Sounds like you are doing great. You have a lot of courage, and I admire you for that very much.

Do your best. Exercise improves your self-esteem, endorphins, etc., so the more you exercise, the better you feel. It helps you with your will power too. Try to do ten minutes of walking?

Anonymous said...

Amanda Darling Lynchburg College