Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Like this quote

I like this quote:

"Things don't go wrong and break your heart so you can become bitter and give up. They happen to break you down and build you up so you can be all that you were intended to be.”

I need to remember that in my times of challenges lately. There is always something positive in every negative situation. This is my time for a change in myself and a change in my life. I've taken steps to ease my financial burden and also made an appointment to talk to a counselor....really a therapist. I hope it will help, I have a feeling it will. Sometimes, we get so busy in our lives and when we get problems we don't talk to people about them. I know this is a flaw in myself and then it just ends up eating at me....the stress, the issues. I want to be a happier person like I used to be. I hope this step will be the first of many for me to feel better about things, about myself.

I think it will help with my weight loss too. I'm feeling like I can do this again...make some progress even though the scale is stuck at the same weight this week. It is just temporary!!! I'm going to get a bit of workout in later today at the gym.

Let me know how you are doing this week! I have hope this week and that is a good thing.

3 comments:

Chris H said...

Nothing like the ups and downs of life eh? And hope.. yep ya gotta have that or what would be the point? Good for you mate.

Unknown said...

going to see a therapist is one of the best things i ever did (years ago)... it really helped me sort things out and get my self-confidence back... i remember walking out of my first session and feeling this huge sense of relief... like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders (sorry for the cliche)... it wasn't easy at first but it made me a stronger person in the end - it will for you as well... :o)

Kim said...

I'm so glad that you have decided to talk to someone about the stress that you are feeling now. Good for you for taking a step in the right direction!!! :)