Sunday, January 25, 2009

still here

Things are going pretty well this quarter at school. I'm liking the internship at the hospital more each day. I'm learning lots and think I will like the surgery and portable machine work. It is a physically exhausting work somedays as you are constantly on the go and running from here to there and helping to lift patients, etc. Who says I need to lift weights? But, I realize it would help me a lot to lose some chub and get in better shape so I'm not so wiped out.

I had a good day today visiting with friends as my old high school friend (ladies group) and had a Chinese new year's lunch. She is a really good cook and had the orange chicken, beef, fish (for good luck), special salad (for fertility) and the like. It's always good to get together with the ladies and the guys or significant other's were there too. My hubby isn't too social these days so he didn't go. What am I gonna do? Though I don't like to be solo....I'm not going to force him. He used to be social but these days he's turning into a recluse of sorts. My son went with me and got to hang out with one of the other kids.

Not much else happening besides my school and work. I'm trying to do some volunteer work to raise some money for my summer tuition as I don't have financial aid for that quarter. That will be the last quarter and I will be done, thank god. I am so ready to be done. It's been 4 long fricken years.

I hope you are all well and I'll get around to your blogs this week.

4 comments:

Elephant Steps said...

Glad you had a good time with your friends. Too bad about your husband, but not so bad because you got to hang out with your son. His loss right?

Glad school and the internship is going well. I took last semester off from school (nutrition remember?) because I was worried I'd be barfing (first trimester) and miss some of it. BUT I start back up in a week. I'm looking forward to it.

*Christie* said...

I am so glad you are getting along better with your classes this semester. Definitely hard work but if you are enjoying it more, then it feels more worth it.
Big Hugs Patty, miss ya.

TitanThirteen said...

It's great to hear the internship is going so well!
I understand about your hubby, coz mine is the same :o(
If you feel that you are drifting apart a bit by leading different lives, be sure to tell him.
It took me a long time to accept that i was a married single socialite. But my hubby has always been like that though :o/

celtic_girl said...

Glad you enjoying the hospital work, wow has it been 4 years, I syppose you think it has dragged lol!