Thursday, March 12, 2009

light at the end of the tunnel

Still waiting and waiting for spring break to come after the 18th of this month. I'm in the study mode now with finals coming up and I have a big one.

My interning is stressful at times and other days I really like it. It is physically hard most days as I'm on the move constantly. I keep pulling muscles in my right arm. Has to do with the machines and with the stretchers that are hard to adjust up and down. I can't really do anything about it but grin and bear it. I can't afford to be out sick as you get limited time off from school as they are really strict with attendance and interning.

The job market is tight even for hospital work. Except for nurses of course they always seem to be in demand. I can only hope I can eventually make some money when I graduate if not sooner. Working for free really sucks though I am still learning new things, like xraying during surgery, and that what this interning is all about. I almost lost my lunch the other day....sometime the barium enemas can be really nasty and make you want to gag. Sick people mean yucky smells throughout the hospital if you know what I mean. Maybe I'll end up at a clinic...it is a little easier I think but I think those jobs are few and far between.

No big plans for my break. I wish I had some but I will visit with some friends I haven't seen in a while. I would like to take my son to this hotel/lodge that has a big water slide in it. It is quite pricey so I don't think we will be able to go there.

Can you believe we had snow this past week? Our winter has had a lot of snow which is unusual for us. We usually have mild winters and lucky to get one day of snow and we've had a lot this winter. I'm a sun lover.....I'm wishing for spring. I hope all are well and I'll see how you are doing this weekend.

3 comments:

Chris H said...

After all the hard work you have had to do to get qualified I hope like hell you can get work! It would suck if you couldn't!
Ikky smells would totally put me off doing anything like what you have to do! I throw up when my kids throw up ... I can't do bad smells.

TitanThirteen said...

Yea, fingers crossed for you!
1st of March was the beginning of Autum for us down under. Weird huh? lol

Elephant Steps said...

Hang in there!! I agree with Chris, with all you have put in I too hope you can get work. You're a rockstar!