What is the saying? Do as you always do, and you will get what you always got. Or something like that. What I mean is, why have all these years have I yo yo'ed up and down in weight? One time I got down to 170lbs with wt watchers but eventually after my goal of a vacation, I starting slowly ballooning back up, little by little.
I think it is a tendency to do the same thing again and again. First, usually I would join wt watchers and then diet like crazy. I would stick to the program totally and just about perfectly and lose pretty rapidly or at least pretty steadily. Then at some point I would go off the diet say 7 or 8 months later and eat too much one day. Then it's was every week I would eat too much. I would have all the food that wanted but hadn't been eating. Then the yo-yo syndrome, up then down and then up again on the scales. All the while probably messing up my metabolism even worse than just if I kept at the same weight. So some things that I've learned:
1) Don't be totally gung ho on a diet without having some foods I really enjoy, be they hi calorie every once in a while
2) practice moderation not perfection
3) keep up with the exercise matter what, if I miss a week I get right back to it
4) forgive myself for a relapse and then continue on with my healthy journey to be at a more healthy weight and fitness level
5) Don't ignore it when the scale starts moving up continuously. Take action and don't wallow in pity about how I can never get to my goal weight
6) there really is not getting to a goal and then going back to my habits that keep me heavy, I have to change for good if I really want this - to be at that healthy weight
7) Stay positive, don't go to the dark side....it is not the way for me. The force is strong with me. ha ha. (my son is watching star wars at the moment)
8) find ways to work on my self esteem that have nothing to do with weight loss. Learn a new skill, take a class, be a better person, be kinder, be more compassionate, be more understanding
9) stand up for myself when I am hurt. Deal with my feelings, don't turn to food!
Anyway, just some of what is going on in my head. I want this to be the last time I have to take off a significant amount of weight. It would be heaven to make it to goal and not have my wt fluctuate more than 5 pounds. This yo yo-ing of weight in the past is exhausting and has to stop!
In other news, I have decided to take down all my personal/relationship posts. Due to personal reasons. Due to thinking about it to much. Due to feeling to open and raw. Due to family that may want to read it. The people who saw the comments and commented, thank you, thank you. A lot of what you said really resonated with me and helped to see I am not a crazy lady just that I'm a normal woman who is sensitive and deserve to be treated right. So thanks for that.
I pulled my back yesterday when I was lifting a bike on my bike rack. I didn't use my legs to lift so now I am paying the price. I will slow down some this week due to the pain but I'm sure I can still get in my walking every day but maybe not the running or biking. Oh well, that's life.
My hubby did really well in his 1/2 ironman and decreased his time by over an hour from last year's triathalon. Thankfully, we have a little break in the tri's for now but he will have a big bike race up a mountain next month. He really enjoys his athletic endeavors so I support him in that as he will support me in my new career path.
I hope everyone has a good start to their week. I am still on track and had a pretty good weekend, eating wise even with the birthday lunch with my sister.