Saturday, June 16, 2007

Jack Lalaine.....still going strong

SmileyCentral.com

I found this video of Jack Lalaine, and he is still going strong at 92. Wow, there really is something to be said for exercising a lot and eating healthy. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/video/2007/05/18/VI2007051800916.html?referrer=email&referrer=email&referrer=email&referrer=email
Sorry about not linking it right, how did I forget how to just put in his name where you can click on it? I can't be bothered to look it up now as I'm a bit of a hurry today. I especially like Jack's comment about 'living half dead'. I think that's what I was doing for years, justing going through life, dealing with the stress of my old job and wicked boss and eating fast food way too much years ago!

Also, like the latest entry from the fatslayer at http://fatslayer.blogspot.com/. I like what she says about the 'middle ground' of dieting and how she is like the layers of a tree inside. Ha, funny and insightful.

I'm in a hurry today to watch my hubby do his triathalon race so it's early for me on a Saturday, christsakes, it is 6:45am. But, this if the first tri of the season and I want to see it! Really you can't see much of it as they are moving, first the swim, then the bike and then the run. This is a small one called a 'sprint' but he will do the bigger one the 'half ironman' next week in Oregon but I won't be going to that. Now to get my son up!! We stayed up late watching 'cars' movie and he's not going to want to get up today. We also have a bday party later for my son to attend and going to see my dad at the airport to give him his father days stuff. He is going to Alaska tomorrow to go salmon fishing. He is retired but instead of being captain anymore and running his boat, he will crew for a friend. I think he's crazy as he goes up there for a month of fun or really it is torture picking fish but he loves it. His grandsons go too and other family and friends so I think he likes to get away every year too. My mom will go to Sweden tomorrow too so we will say goodbye for a little while. Wish I was going somewhere!

Feeling like crap today, got some kind of little chest cold but I'm trying to ignore it and get on with my day. I did get in my 5 exercise days, Monday thru Friday, so I'm happy with that. I think I'll take the weekend off except for walking as I don't want to push it as I'm coughing up junk. Talk to you all later. Have a great weekend!

Update: My hubby was third in the race coming off the bike but overall after the run came in 13th! What a lucky number. His time was 1 hour and 9 minutes for 1/4 mile swim, 14 mile bike and 3.1 mile run. Think there were a few hundred in the race so I am very proud of him. He beat his time from last summer which was 1 hour and 20 minutes so he was happy with that. I have more to talk about tri's and me but that will be later!!!!

5 comments:

FatMom said...

Blah, I'm sick, too!!! How'd the race go?

Christine said...

Sending happy thoughts your way and hope you are feeling better. Have a great weekend.

Chris H said...

Didn't he do well !!! I so do not want to ever do a Tri, each to his own luckily! I am just grateful I can do all the stuff I can now, a few years ago I couldn't even walk 200 metres without stopping exhausted. Life is great.

Moby Dick said...

Wow, that is pretty incredible. The swims are very tough, and the running at the end is really harsh. Great accomplishment!

celtic_girl said...

Congratulate him for me will you? I can only imagine what that feels like.