Monday, August 28, 2006

slow progress...just keep going in the same direction

Well, it was kind of dissapointing to see a small loss of -.6 but it makes the total down 31. I just have to accept that every 4 weeks for t.o.m. that I will not lose as much as usual. I actually was sick this week w/ a chest cold and haven't eaten as much so was expecting a bigger loss but hopefully it will show up next week. I just need to keep plodding along. I seem to be getting lazy about writing down everything I eat the points values. Sometimes I write down 1/2 the day and the rest in my head. I need to be more viligant about it and write it all down or I really won't know how many flext points I've used. You also keep track of how many activity pts your earn. I don't think I ever go above all the pts I can use though as I'm really not eating as much and not snacking very much but maybe this little bites of this and that really add up. I will increase my exercise this week to 5x per wk due to labor day holiday coming up and will be lots of food around at the family's get together. Will be a lot of temptation but I will bring my low fat foods and try to stick w/ the program. My mom is a good cook and usually has something real good she cooks up so it's always a challenge when I'm around her. Of course, she's stick thin! Don't it figure. We try to talk to her about not having snacks around as she doesn't eat them anyway as me and my sister and my dad are trying to lose some pds. It all comes down to personal reponsibility, I know, so I will do my best. Hope everyone is doing well this week.

2 comments:

*Christie* said...

Hey, one thing I've learned is that as long as the numbers go down, be happy! It can be hard sometimes when you're expecting more of a loss, believe me I know. But I've definitely learned that when you're in it for the long haul, any loss is a good one!

I'm sure journaling your points faithfully has a lot to do with it - try journaling really faithfully for a couple weeks, every little bite, and see if it helps? :)
Keep it up you're doing great!

Kimberly said...

Definitely track track track! Everything you eat, write it down. It really does help to keep that control. Your TOTM probably has a little bit to do with it, but when you start slacking on tracking (oh, sorry that was super cheesy!) it's easy to forget something small here and there, and that adds up.

Good job on the loss anyway, it's still good news.