Monday, July 09, 2007

Trip recap and weigh in

Aiiiieee! I was thinking my mom is like landmines! In that every time I am on vacation or just around her the food is there. She likes to snack but she's thin! So we had the chips, some pizza, a burger, a drink or 2. But, I decided to just relax and take it in stride and enjoy myself. So, the weigh in is up a 1/2 a pound. So that brings me to 210. Well, that's not too bad and for my 10 week challenge that is a 8 pound loss. I wanted more but I will try harder next time. I think I will maintain for a bit or try to lose a little but wait for another 10 week challenge until after my trip to visit Dawn in vegas next week. I have a feeling it will be trouble to try to lose that week but we'll see what happens.

Ok, for the trip recap. We left on Monday and headed over to Chelan. It takes over 4-5 hours to get there but took us a bit more with stops. There is a cute town on the way when you get over the mountain (stevens pass) that is called Leavenworth. It is a bavarian village and all the buildings must have that bavarian/german kinda look. It is a tourist trap but it is a cute little town with high mountains all around. We then went to Lake Chelan which is about mid-Washington and about 40 minutes from Wenatchee. Here's some pics of the lake and of my son and me and my husband.



















We had a lot of fun and we enjoyed the swimming and some putt putt golf and just laying in the sun and reading. It was really hot in the 90's and up to 100 so it was a little hot for me! I did get in some walking and biking but not too much cause the heat zapped my energy and my boy doesn't like to walk to far. My sister and mom were with us so that was good to spend time with them too. This lake is really clear water and cold but we enjoyed it compared to the murky lakes we have around here.


We then went about an hour and 1/2 up the road on Friday to the town of Winthrop. My sister and her hubby have a cabin that her hubby built there up on a hill above the town. It is a cute town with a western theme. We spent time walking around looking at shops, at Pearygin Lake and hiking around a bit and down by the river. We really wanted to go tubing or rafting down the river but didn't have a float or couldn't figure out how we could all go without one of us missing out and having to be the one to be the pick up at the other end. Here's some pics of the town and of the cabin and of a deer that was out front in the morning!






















It was cool to see all the wildlife out here. There was a deer, an eagle, hawks, groundhogs, and horses. Lots of deer and a ban on hunting in the area so the deer are pretty tame but will run if you approach them. Also, this cute brew pub above I really wanted to go in. It's an old school house but we didn't as the hubby doesn't drink but we had a nice dinner at a place called Duck Brank Inn. I have more photos but shared the best but will put them on the flickr on the side bar here.

Well, gotta get going as my son starts soccer this week for a 5 day clinic. So should be fun for him and I will get back into my working out! 3 whole hours a day, woooohooo!!

Hope you all are having a good week and I'll check out your blogs soon.

9 comments:

Christine said...

Wow - looks like you guys had a great trip! Some beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing. Take care.

Chris H said...

Looks like a beatiful place to go on holiday! The lake is just gorgeous... I love the sea and water.... Enjoy your time out while his nibs son is away doing his soccer.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful place! The photos are stunning, and oh boy I bounced like a little kid when you mentioned all of the wildlife (I LOVE that stuff!)

I've had a lot of dinners out recently, and its not stopping any time soon, so I've been focusing on maintenance myself. That way, the momentum stays, and I don't slip backwards, but I don't stress myself out either.

Thanks for taking the time to show us all these gorgeous photos! :-D

Terri said...

Sounded like you had some fun. Your pictures are always pretty. I think the skys has a deeper color where you live then where I live.

Girl I am a bit a head of you in the weight loss!! Lets go go go!!!!

Unknown said...

Cool pics!!

And any loss is a good loss, so take it at your own pace and be happy with the great results you have achieved so far!!

xxx

Living to Feel Good said...

Great pictures! Looks like you had fun. Okay did I read that right...you are working out for 3 hours?? That is insane!! Good for you!!! Wow. I am really impressed!!

Moby Dick said...

You are not very fat at all. I guess you would like to be very slim, and who wouldn't. However, you really look good in the photos. When you get under 200 lbs. you will look awesome!!

Meow Meow said...

I hate people who can eat everything in sight and not gain a freakin pound. I look at food and the baloon is hooked up to the helium machine, there she blows!

The photos are great. I really like the cabin, the deer and the pic of the three of you !

*Christie* said...

What a fun trip! I just loved the photos! Nice one of you and your hubby and son. I think you are looking really nice by the way! Good job on your 10 week challenge!!!

I'm trying to walk every day. Any week that I manage to walk every day I will reward myself with scrapbooking goodies :)